Welcome to the town of Breckenridge! The town was still decorated with lights and Christmas decorations which was perfect for our trip! As part of our Christmas presents, my parents bought my brother and I a ski trip! We found amazing fares on Frontier airlines for $32 one way – the catch was, we left Cincinnati at 5:20am on Weds and left Denver at 7:20pm on Saturday. We all chuckled at how we left for the airport at 2:30am and then returned home from the airport also at 2:30am – crazy how that worked out, right?!
With my dad being from Colorado, I’ve only been skiing in CO. This was my 4th time and I was still pretty nervous. The blue runs are probably equal to the black diamonds in Ohio! Even though it was cold in CO, it wasn’t very windy so, with all of my layers, I was able to stay warm while skiing all day.
I fell a lot! It wasn’t graceful and it wasn’t pretty, but it was fun! I mean, my legs were twisted and pointing in ways they shouldn’t! So thankful I didn’t report back to work on Monday in a body cast…
If you’re planning a trip to Breckenridge ever, the top 5 things to do (other than ski, duh):
1. SHOP – be a tourist and buy the Breck March (especially at the Glass Art Company)
2. Wait in line for Crêpes a La Cart – I know it’s cold, but they have a fire pit so if you’re in a group, you can trade off who waits in line and who stays warm by the fire
3. Ride the Gondola – It’s not heated, but it keeps out the cold air and seats 8 people. Plus, it’s FREE
4. Make dinner reservations (We wanted to try Canteen but it’s so small inside and we didn’t have a reservation so we left to find another place. But every place was just as busy. After an hour of walking outside and being tired and hungry, I think we all got a little cranky 🙁
5. Rent a condo with a hot tub – that’s the perfect way to end a day of skiing, I promise!!
This isn’t a what would Kiki wear post, but I wanted to share my pictures from the trip! I was bundled up under layers of sweaters, scarf, and pomp beanies! But what better way to start the new year and motivate my to continue blogging than having one of my pictures reposted on Instagram? The first photo above was reposted by Colorado Activities on their website and their Instagram (Colorado Activities).